Accra Academy, winners of 2015 Vodafone Icons High School Edition, have bagged a prestigious prize at the Vodafone Freezone International Musical Contest held in Volkswagen Arena in Istanbul, Turkey.
The competition, which brought together a collection of young musical talents, hosted 30 bands fromcountries including Ghana, Malta, Iceland, India and Macedonia.
The band from Ghana’s Accra Academy High School won the prestigious ‘Best International Performance & Colourful band’ out of the three awards in the international category.
Their ‘Pata Pata’ cover song received overwhelming cheers as the audience perceived the genre to be unique and their performance energetic.
Commenting, Agnes Emefa Essah, Marketing Director at Vodafone Ghana said:
“Our overall strategy of leading the way in Ghana’s Music and entertainment industry has been confirmed by the countless success stories we have chalked with the introduction of Vodafone Icons. The platform has produced international acts such as Wiyaala, who is currently one of the most celebrated African music icons, and Chris, a new voice in the gospel genre and a rising international star.”
The Vodafone Icons High School edition was introduced as a long term strategy by Vodafone to unearth musical talents from the High Schools across the country and groom them into becoming great talents in the future.
- 20 January 2017 : Awal x Tutulapato -Stole Way (Prod by Tombeatz )
- 19 January 2017 : SHATTA WALE – MY GUY (PROD BY WILLIES BEATZ)
- 18 January 2017 : Luther – Deportee
- 18 January 2017 : Oteneba – Sexy Mama ft. Tuba Zaks (Prod By Drraybeat)
- 18 January 2017 : Wisa Greid – Mintse Bo (I Like Your Style)
- 18 January 2017 : Scata Bada – Chelensa (Prod by QwesiKing)
- 18 January 2017 : OB feat Mr Eazi – Be My Wife (Prod by Killbeatz)
- 18 January 2017 : Pope Skinny – Can You (Prod By Da Maker)
- 18 January 2017 : Koo Ntakra – Girls ft. Yaa Pono (Prod. By HypeLyrix)
- 18 January 2017 : Donzy – Boame (Prod. By Undabeatz) (Prod By Kuslin)