VVIP member Reggie Rockstone has stated emphatically that he wore the “adldas” outfit as a show of support contrary to claims that it was meant to mock dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale.
In an interview on The Zone Tuesday with host, Naa Ashorkor and Entertainment Anchor, AJ Sarpong, the hiplife grandpapa said “I wore that because I knew it will catch attention but that represented Shatta because not too long ago people were all up in his business that he wore fake adidas and besides he [Shatta Wale] never said he was rich boy, he’s hood.
“Ghanaians are very petty and I think we should concentrate on the man’s music, so I wore my adidas and gave him a shout out…he was present via Grandpapa.”
Rockstone also expressed his disappointment with the exclusion of Shatta Wale from a prestigious event such as the VGMA.
“One of the biggest acts in our country was excluded from a really prestigious musical event…I sat back and watched the story from day one and expressed my views so I gave him a shout out because no one said or did anything about it.
“If one of our biggest artistes is not represented, somebody needs to say something and I said it in an artistic way.
“My outfit was never meant to mock Shatta Wale because if I did, we would have heard from him by now,” he added.
- 20 January 2017 : Awal x Tutulapato -Stole Way (Prod by Tombeatz )
- 19 January 2017 : SHATTA WALE – MY GUY (PROD BY WILLIES BEATZ)
- 18 January 2017 : Luther – Deportee
- 18 January 2017 : Oteneba – Sexy Mama ft. Tuba Zaks (Prod By Drraybeat)
- 18 January 2017 : Wisa Greid – Mintse Bo (I Like Your Style)
- 18 January 2017 : Scata Bada – Chelensa (Prod by QwesiKing)
- 18 January 2017 : OB feat Mr Eazi – Be My Wife (Prod by Killbeatz)
- 18 January 2017 : Pope Skinny – Can You (Prod By Da Maker)
- 18 January 2017 : Koo Ntakra – Girls ft. Yaa Pono (Prod. By HypeLyrix)
- 18 January 2017 : Donzy – Boame (Prod. By Undabeatz) (Prod By Kuslin)