Radio and television personality, Akumaa Mama Zimbi has been adjudged the individual with the Best YouTube Channel in Ghana.
The host of popular radio and television show, ‘Odo Ahomaso’ on Adom FM and Adom TV, beat four other YouTube channels to win the award.
Known privately as Dr. Joyce Akumaa Dongotey-Padi, Mama Zimbi’s youtube channel, which has over 13,000 subscribers shrugged off competition from Delay TV, Miss Bee Writes, Tigo Ghana, and Vodafone Ghana.
Mama Zimbi was one of several personalities and organisations that were awarded at the 2016 edition of the Ghana Blogging & Social Media Awards 2016 (#BloGHAwards16) at the Chartered Institute of Bankers’ Hall in East Legon, Accra last Saturday.
Selected from over 400 public nominations, the winners went through a rigorous review of digital contentproduced in 2015; the final scores consisted of an online public vote (30-40%) and ratings by a panel of six African judges (60-70%).
On the night, a total of 18 awards were given out. The 18 consisted of 17 blogging and social media categories and content produced in 2015 and one special award for services to Ghana’s blogging and social media community.
Best Blogger: Ameyaw Debrah
Best Blog: KeniKodjo.com
Best Post of 2015: Kwame Gyan (Innitfo? No R?ba Ooo)
Best Emerging Niche Blog: Screwlife.com
Best New Blog: 2eweboys.com
Best Organisational Blog: Tonaton
Best Twitter Account (Individual): Nana Aba Anamoah
Best Twitter Account (Organization): Citi 97.3 FM
Best Instagram Account: Ameyaw Debrah
Best Facebook Profile (Individual): Maukeni Padiki Kodjo
Best Facebook Page (Entity): Vodafone Ghana
Best YouTube Channel (Individual): Akumaa Mama Zimbi
Best YouTube Channel (Artiste): Sarkodie
Public Official With Best Social Media Presence: Nana Oye Lithur, Minister of Gender, Children & Social Protection
Organization With Best Social Media Presence: Vodafone Ghana
Media House With Best Social Media Presence: Citi 97.3 FM
Artiste With Best Social Media Presence: Shatta Wale
- 20 January 2017 : Awal x Tutulapato -Stole Way (Prod by Tombeatz )
- 19 January 2017 : SHATTA WALE – MY GUY (PROD BY WILLIES BEATZ)
- 18 January 2017 : Luther – Deportee
- 18 January 2017 : Oteneba – Sexy Mama ft. Tuba Zaks (Prod By Drraybeat)
- 18 January 2017 : Wisa Greid – Mintse Bo (I Like Your Style)
- 18 January 2017 : Scata Bada – Chelensa (Prod by QwesiKing)
- 18 January 2017 : OB feat Mr Eazi – Be My Wife (Prod by Killbeatz)
- 18 January 2017 : Pope Skinny – Can You (Prod By Da Maker)
- 18 January 2017 : Koo Ntakra – Girls ft. Yaa Pono (Prod. By HypeLyrix)
- 18 January 2017 : Donzy – Boame (Prod. By Undabeatz) (Prod By Kuslin)