Ace high life musician, Agya Koo Nimo, has advised up and coming musicians not to be in haste to release songs just for popularity sake but spend time on composing songs that are educative and project the Ghanaian culture.
He said many of today’s musicians do not take their time to learn the ropes of the art of music composition before coming out with their songs.
While commending the youth of today for their creativity and innovation in sustaining the music industry, he said there was room for improvement particularly in quality and content.
Speaking on ‘NaawotweAbia'(This Week Perspective) programme on Otec FM, a local radio station in Kumasi, the legend in palm wine beats, asked the youth to learn from their predecessors.
According to the 84-year-old musician, most young musicians were not prepared to spend time to learn the rudiments of music and how to play an instrument. He said, “it is the quality of music that will make you succeed in the industry and not the number of songs or albums you have churned out”. He added, “make haste slowly.”
Agya Koo Nimo, a trained Laboratory Technician, attributed his good health to healthy eating and lifestyle and advised the youth to do everything in moderation.
He said he walked a lot, drank a lot of water and consumed a lot of organic food.
“Your first wealth is your health, so take good care of yourself and bear no grudges”, he recommended.
Asked whether he had trained people to take over from him, the Ace musician said many musicians had been under his tutelage but believed that highlife artiste, Osei Kwame, had what it took to take over from him.
“My only prayer is for God to help me impart more knowledge to the young ones before I die” he said.
Osei Kwame Korankye is known for playing the Seprewa, a local string instrument made in the style of the Kora.
- 20 January 2017 : Awal x Tutulapato -Stole Way (Prod by Tombeatz )
- 19 January 2017 : SHATTA WALE – MY GUY (PROD BY WILLIES BEATZ)
- 18 January 2017 : Luther – Deportee
- 18 January 2017 : Oteneba – Sexy Mama ft. Tuba Zaks (Prod By Drraybeat)
- 18 January 2017 : Wisa Greid – Mintse Bo (I Like Your Style)
- 18 January 2017 : Scata Bada – Chelensa (Prod by QwesiKing)
- 18 January 2017 : OB feat Mr Eazi – Be My Wife (Prod by Killbeatz)
- 18 January 2017 : Pope Skinny – Can You (Prod By Da Maker)
- 18 January 2017 : Koo Ntakra – Girls ft. Yaa Pono (Prod. By HypeLyrix)
- 18 January 2017 : Donzy – Boame (Prod. By Undabeatz) (Prod By Kuslin)