The Preview & Classification Committee in charge of censoring Ghanaian movies at the Ghana Cinematography Board has ‘suspended’ its work until further notice over non-payment of allowances.
Ghanareporter.com was told the preview committee members have since January not been paid, hence the decision to shove government to do the right thing.
The committee has not been working for weeks now.
But Ken Addy, a member of the committee who spoke to Hitz Fm on Thursday morning said authorities have since not responded to their action.
“We thought that by writing to the authorities since May 3, we would by now have heard something from them but there is being silence over the issue.
Well as I have said, our ultimatum was that not until they pay us the full amount that are owed to us we are not going back to preview and classify. So it is up the authorities. The ball is in their court,” he said.
Should the committee maintain its position, movies that will be released onto the movie market in the coming weeks won’t be censored, a situation that would have enormous negative impact on society.
The cinematography board has a maximum of twenty-five (25) members with only six members comprising the preview committee.
According to Ken, the preview committee has only six members because majority of the board members are not interested in board matters and in the last two years, there has never been a board meeting. It is only the preview committee that goes to do the work they are supposed to do.”
- 20 January 2017 : Awal x Tutulapato -Stole Way (Prod by Tombeatz )
- 19 January 2017 : SHATTA WALE – MY GUY (PROD BY WILLIES BEATZ)
- 18 January 2017 : Luther – Deportee
- 18 January 2017 : Oteneba – Sexy Mama ft. Tuba Zaks (Prod By Drraybeat)
- 18 January 2017 : Wisa Greid – Mintse Bo (I Like Your Style)
- 18 January 2017 : Scata Bada – Chelensa (Prod by QwesiKing)
- 18 January 2017 : OB feat Mr Eazi – Be My Wife (Prod by Killbeatz)
- 18 January 2017 : Pope Skinny – Can You (Prod By Da Maker)
- 18 January 2017 : Koo Ntakra – Girls ft. Yaa Pono (Prod. By HypeLyrix)
- 18 January 2017 : Donzy – Boame (Prod. By Undabeatz) (Prod By Kuslin)