A Chief in the Central Region has defended Assin Central Member of Parliament (MP), Kennedy Agyapong who has come under pressure from women groups for his sex-for-job comment.
The Kyedomhene of Efutuakwa Traditional Council Nana Kwasi Wadie II explained that the MP’s claim that the Electoral Commissioner, Charlotte Osei, traded sex for her job is not an attack on women in general but a specific claim that can be tested in court.
‘Ken did not insult all women. He said Charlotte Osei used sex to get her position and the allegation is not talking about all women. Why widen it to say he has insulted all women including his mother?’ the chief told Joy News Central Regional correspondent Richard Kwadwo Nyarko in Twi language.
Kennedy Agyapong is getting severe media pounding after claiming he has evidence that sex played a role in the first female Electoral Commissioner’s appointment.
Several female personalities have lined up to condemn the MP known for distasteful political commentary. Gender and Social Protection Minister, Nana Oye Lithur and Foreign Affairs Minister, Hannah Tetteh, have called on the legislator to retract his comments against Charlotte Osei and apologize.
In a related development, in the Eastern region, a group of women, led by Deputy Regional Womens’ Organizer of the governing party NDC Evelyn Korang, have demonstrated against the law maker. They want him kicked out of parliament.
But the chief has rejected the demand and the deluge of criticism on the son of the soil.
He said the attack on Mr Agyapong may be because his critics do not understand Twi the language that carried Ken’s attack.
‘Do Ghanaians really understand Twi? If you don’t understand Twi ask for interpretation’ he told Joy News.
He has asked the EC boss to pursue the case in court if she feels offended.
The Chief said Kennedy Agyapong’s political opponents are trying to fuel public sentiments against his re-election bid expected in the November 7 election.
- 18 January 2017 : Luther – Deportee
- 18 January 2017 : Oteneba – Sexy Mama ft. Tuba Zaks (Prod By Drraybeat)
- 18 January 2017 : Wisa Greid – Mintse Bo (I Like Your Style)
- 18 January 2017 : Scata Bada – Chelensa (Prod by QwesiKing)
- 18 January 2017 : OB feat Mr Eazi – Be My Wife (Prod by Killbeatz)
- 18 January 2017 : Pope Skinny – Can You (Prod By Da Maker)
- 18 January 2017 : Koo Ntakra – Girls ft. Yaa Pono (Prod. By HypeLyrix)
- 18 January 2017 : Donzy – Boame (Prod. By Undabeatz) (Prod By Kuslin)
- 18 January 2017 : Okyeame Kwame – Adonko Ft Kwabena Kwabena (Prod By Kuslin)
- 16 January 2017 : Opanka – Man Of The Match (Prod. by Keylex)