Contrary to suggestions by some industry players to call rappers Sarkodie and M.anifest to order with respect to the ongoing feud between the two, the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) will not take any action for now because there is “nothing detrimental” about it.
Some have argued that although the ‘beef’ makes the music scene exciting, it has the propensity of causing damage to the industry.
“The emphasis should be about wordplay rather than stirring up ill-feeling among artistes. As an institution, we have provisions for settling conflicts between artistes but as long as there is nothing detrimental going on, we do not want to be seen as stifling creativity of artistes,” he said.
Sarkodie dropped ‘Kanta’ on Sunday as a reply to M.anifest’s ‘god MC’ which some believe was directed at the former following his release of ‘Bossy’.
There have been couple of songs from other artistes including Gemini and Cabum calling for peace between Sarkodie and M.anifest.
While some music lovers believe the whole controversy is just a hype, others think otherwise.
Ghana’s music scene has witnessed similar feuds some of which are yet to be resolved. The Kwaw Kese vs Kontihene, Exdoe vs Chicago, Daddy Lumba vs Nana Acheampong, Kwaw Kese vs Asem and Shatta Wale vs Samini are few examples.
- 20 January 2017 : Awal x Tutulapato -Stole Way (Prod by Tombeatz )
- 19 January 2017 : SHATTA WALE – MY GUY (PROD BY WILLIES BEATZ)
- 18 January 2017 : Luther – Deportee
- 18 January 2017 : Oteneba – Sexy Mama ft. Tuba Zaks (Prod By Drraybeat)
- 18 January 2017 : Wisa Greid – Mintse Bo (I Like Your Style)
- 18 January 2017 : Scata Bada – Chelensa (Prod by QwesiKing)
- 18 January 2017 : OB feat Mr Eazi – Be My Wife (Prod by Killbeatz)
- 18 January 2017 : Pope Skinny – Can You (Prod By Da Maker)
- 18 January 2017 : Koo Ntakra – Girls ft. Yaa Pono (Prod. By HypeLyrix)
- 18 January 2017 : Donzy – Boame (Prod. By Undabeatz) (Prod By Kuslin)