Actress Nadia Buari was one of many personalities who presented an award at the 2016 Ghana Music Awards held at the Accra International Conference Center last week.
The audience at the event venue and viewers at home noticed that Buari kept holding on her dress, prompting the question of why she wore the dress if it was uncomfortable.
She revealed during an interview with Bola Ray on Starr Talk on Starr 103.5 FM Wednesday evening that her dressed ripped before she got on stage.
“The dress I wore to the VGMA had a body tape but it ripped off before I got on stage so I was conscious”. She said. The ‘American Boy’ actress also spoke about her twins, upcoming movies, amongst other issues.
She was born in Takoradi on November 21, 1982 to Musician Alhaji Sidiku Buari and Beautician mother Hajia Buari. Throughout her school life she was actively involved in school drama and dance clubs. She studied Performing Arts at the University of Ghana.
Nadia’s career began on Televison series Games People Play in 2005. Her first major film wasMummy’s Daughter, after which she starred in Beyonce: The President’s Daughter.
Her breakthrough role in Nollywood was in the movie Beyonce & Rihanna alongside Nollywood actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde.
She has starred in a number of popular movies including Rough Rider, Beauty and the Beast, Holding Hope andSingle and Married.
In 2013, She won the Pan African Actress award at the annual Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA Awards) in New York. She received two nominations for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the African Movie Academy Awards in 2007 and 2009.
She also produced her first movie The Diary of Imogen Brown in the same year.
In 2014 the Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards gave her a ‘SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARD’ in an event held in Accra, Ghana.
She is said to have dated former Black Stars player Micheal Essien and Nollywood star Jim Iyke.
- 20 January 2017 : Awal x Tutulapato -Stole Way (Prod by Tombeatz )
- 19 January 2017 : SHATTA WALE – MY GUY (PROD BY WILLIES BEATZ)
- 18 January 2017 : Luther – Deportee
- 18 January 2017 : Oteneba – Sexy Mama ft. Tuba Zaks (Prod By Drraybeat)
- 18 January 2017 : Wisa Greid – Mintse Bo (I Like Your Style)
- 18 January 2017 : Scata Bada – Chelensa (Prod by QwesiKing)
- 18 January 2017 : OB feat Mr Eazi – Be My Wife (Prod by Killbeatz)
- 18 January 2017 : Pope Skinny – Can You (Prod By Da Maker)
- 18 January 2017 : Koo Ntakra – Girls ft. Yaa Pono (Prod. By HypeLyrix)
- 18 January 2017 : Donzy – Boame (Prod. By Undabeatz) (Prod By Kuslin)