WanLuv Kubolor has thrown salvos at the organizers of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs), Charter House saying that they have lowered their standards in bringing together the best for this year’s awards.
Speaking in exclusive interview with Sokoohemaa on Rainbow Radio, the controversial musician said Charter House denied themselves a moment in history by recognising the greatest artiste for this year’s awards.
WanLuv opined that the real history for this year so far as music is concerned is that Shatta Wale is the greatest artiste of the year but the organizers failed to recognise him due to their [Charter House] ego.
According to him, he felt disappointed that Ghanaian musicians patronised the event when they know that the award ceremony was a sham.
In his view, the musicians who participated in the event were forced to do so by their management.
”They [Charter House] have denied themselves a moment in history; because the real history of the world or Ghana shows that Shatta Wale was one of the greatest artiste of the year. But they [Charter House] failed to recognise that due to their ego. They have lowered their standards so far as music is concerned. They didn’t bring together the best-that’s how i see it for this year’s VGMAs.”
Charter House disqualified dancehall artiste Shatta Wale demanding from him to offer unqualified apology for defaming them some years back.
Shatta Wale was sued by Charter House for describing them as a fraudulent institution. The artiste took hi Facebook wall and recorded songs to ‘defame’ the organizers of the annual event. Due to this, Shatta Wale was disqualified from participating in the award ceremony.
Wanluz commenting on it said, ”If i was nominated as a popular artiste and later realised that Shatta Wale was disqualified, i would have boycotted the event.”
When asked if the VGMA is credible, he answered quizzing,”Do you think the Government of Ghana is credible; Do you think the churches in Ghana are credible? Whatever is happening in Ghana is exactly today, in WAEC, at the EC, everywhere is exactly what is happening in the VGMAs,” he said.
- 20 January 2017 : Awal x Tutulapato -Stole Way (Prod by Tombeatz )
- 19 January 2017 : SHATTA WALE – MY GUY (PROD BY WILLIES BEATZ)
- 18 January 2017 : Luther – Deportee
- 18 January 2017 : Oteneba – Sexy Mama ft. Tuba Zaks (Prod By Drraybeat)
- 18 January 2017 : Wisa Greid – Mintse Bo (I Like Your Style)
- 18 January 2017 : Scata Bada – Chelensa (Prod by QwesiKing)
- 18 January 2017 : OB feat Mr Eazi – Be My Wife (Prod by Killbeatz)
- 18 January 2017 : Pope Skinny – Can You (Prod By Da Maker)
- 18 January 2017 : Koo Ntakra – Girls ft. Yaa Pono (Prod. By HypeLyrix)
- 18 January 2017 : Donzy – Boame (Prod. By Undabeatz) (Prod By Kuslin)