Not too long ago, Ghana Meet Naija, an event which puts together top artiste from Ghana and Nigeria on the same stage to thrill and entertain patrons took place at the conference centre.
During the course of the program, reigning VGMA artiste of the year – EL got Booed on stage by some section of the charged audience. Some industry persons and patrons who were present at the event linked the incident to technical hitches, others also had different reasons as to why EL Was Booed On stage.
In a latest development, Shatta Wale in a conversation with Sammy Flex on AM Pluzz has disclosed why he thinks EL Was booed on stage. Shatta thinks it is fear that got the reigning artiste of the year in that mess. He went on to blame the music industry and Musiga for putting so much fear in the minds of artistes by some actions and decisions the Union takes. According to Shatta Wale, it was fear of being sidelined afterwards, that made EL unable to say what he wanted to say to the fans which resulted in them booing him off.
“Most of our Musicians in Ghana have been abused and misused and they keep all that pain in them. Let me tell you something that happened at the Ghana Meets Nija. EL wanted to say something, why couldn’t he say it? Because he fears if he says it he wouldn’t be able to get to where he wants to get to. Why won’t he be booed Sammy? We must not keep that fear in us” Shatta Wale stated.
He further stated that as for him, he will continue to do what puts food on his table without any fear whatsoever.
- 16 January 2017 : Opanka – Man Of The Match (Prod. by Keylex)
- 16 January 2017 : AK Songstress – Odo
- 14 January 2017 : A. B. Crentsil – Awurade Sane
- 14 January 2017 : A. B. Crentsil – Atiaa
- 14 January 2017 : A. B. Crentsil – Ano keke Asem
- 14 January 2017 : A. B. Crentsil – Ano Daho
- 14 January 2017 : A. B. Crentsil – Angelina
- 14 January 2017 : A. B. Crentsil – Anadwo Yide Wobeye
- 14 January 2017 : A. B. Crentsil – Agyenkwa
- 14 January 2017 : A. B. Crentsil – Adwoa